06 April, 2024

Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear would say my Mum

 




Been thinking of Mum a lot lately she will often pop into my head.

Like at night and often during the day when I hear myself saying “it’s ok” over and over, I think of Mum who say often during the day “oh dear”.

Why do we say these things well with Mum it was when she was in pain or struggling to o something, Mum at first would say “shit, shit, shit” but after someone said something to her about it, she changed to “oh dear”.

Me I say “ok” when I am struggling to do stuff or when I am in pain.

Do you or anyone you know do the same thing.

8 comments:

  1. Dearest Jo-Anne,
    Well, I talk a lot to myself and in thought also.
    Yes, as we age we understand our Parents more and discover what they meant...
    Hugs,
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is so true about us understanding our parents more as we age and that is a good thing.

      Delete
  2. I say a variety of things to myself; then scold myself for talking to inanimate objects.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Talking to inanimate objects is like talking to the TV, which I do like many others I'm sure, but you are not an inanimate object just saying your heart is too good to be called that

      Delete
  3. So many times, I'll hear the words of my mother in my head. I think that's God made us. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hearing our parents in our head is something so many of us experience

      Delete
  4. It's touching how your mum's phrases and habits have become intertwined with your own. It's like carrying a piece of her with you every day. Many can relate to adopting familiar expressions from loved ones, finding comfort and connection in these shared moments.

    Read my new post: https://www.melodyjacob.com/2024/04/our-experience-with-night-manager-gabriella-louis-fitzgerald-hotel-dublin.html

    ReplyDelete