03 October, 2024

A poetic hodgepodge or not

 


Hey, it's October...what's one fun thing on your October calendar? 

This year my husband and I are taking my sister Sue out for lunch so that.

Thursday is National Poetry Day (first Thursday in October) ...do you like to read poetry? If so, what's a favourite poem or whose poetry do you especially enjoy? 

Never been interested in poetry but there have been some I liked, can’t say what they were though.

Tell us about something you've seen recently that could be described as 'poetry in motion'

Sorry, nothing comes to mind

What's one song on your autumn playlist? Do you have an autumn playlist? If not, pretend you do. If yes, then feel free to share more than one. 

A couple of songs popped into my head when I read this, they are June as cold as December by the Everly Bros and Cold day in July by the Dixie Chicks.

Share a quote that inspires you this time of year especially. 

I can’t think of anything

Insert your own random thought here.  

My life is an open book, a wonderful book filled with memories of a pretty damn good life and each day something new happens that is stored in the book of my life.

 

4 comments:

  1. Dearest Jo-Anne,
    Sorry but I'm not a victim of most people that have been brainwashed and molded into 'mass–thinking' and for buying certain 'seasonal' things.
    Sorry!
    My life is one with depth, with love and loyalty to those that deserve it. Filled with fond memories of a true love and lots of traveling FOR WORK—not a vacation! Knowing other cultures by having worked and lived with the people and enjoying their food.
    Poetry I seldom read... no time for.
    Just grateful for a lot of things and more so for the little, simple pleasures of life.
    NO interest in anything FAKE like redesigning your face... What an emptiness for not feeling comfy in the body you inherited!
    It is not about our 'hull' but about our SOUL and that never dies.
    Don't think a lot of people will earn frequent flyer miles to heaven by following the masses like lemmings.
    Hugs and admiration,
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nature's first green is hold
    Her hardest hue to hold
    Her early leaf's a flower
    But only so an hour
    So leaf subsides to leaf
    As Eden sank to grief
    Dawn goes down to day
    Nothing gold can stay.

    By Robert Frost

    I typed that from memory. I wonder how close I came to remembering it all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Big oops, TYPO, the first line ends with gold. That's a typo not a forgotten word,

      Delete
    2. And I think there should be an "As" before dawn. That's a forgotten word.

      Delete