10 October, 2024

A Walk In The Park, What Hodgpodge

 


Thursday is National Walk To A Park Day. I know these celebratory days are mostly made up, but some are fun to think about. Do you live close enough to a park to walk to one on Thursday? Will you? The most famous park in the world is Central Park located in NYC. Have you ever been to Central Park? What did you think? If you haven't been is this a place you'd like to see? 

I could walk to a park, well I used to be able to walk to a park, now days it is hard enough to walk to the top of the driveway. Nope I haven’t been to Central Park I am in a different country so not so easy. Do I want to see it nope.

Something you've done recently that turned out to be a 'walk in the park'? 

I have given this a bit of thought, and I can’t think of anything, everything is pretty much a struggle every day.

Can you parallel park? Do you have to do this often where you live? 

Yes, I could parallel park but didn’t do it very often

The colours of fall...red, brown, russet, golden bronze, golden yellow, purplish red, light tan, crimson, orange red, and scarlet. Are these colours you like to wear? Is this your season in terms of colour? What about your home? Would we see these tones in your home decorating? 

Well, I like shades of red and purple as well as shades of blue both to wear and wouldn’t mind such colours in my home.

What part of history do you find most interesting? Elaborate. 

I like all history but if I had to pick one part it would be World War two, why I don’t really know I am just interested in that time.

Insert your own random thought here.

Remember living is a privilege granted to us from God along with the privilege of the world being full of many beautiful things. We have a mind to learn, a voice to speak and a heart to love others with.  

 


21 comments:

  1. Visiting from the Hodgepodge group. Sorry that walking is a struggle for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dearest Jo-Anne,
    Yes, both of us have walked at Central Park where we visited Lennon's Strawberry Fields—IMAGINE.
    https://mariettesbacktobasics.blogspot.com/2015/10/strawberry-fields-forever.html
    Glad we did it back then!
    Now it would be impossible for a number of reasons, health related.
    There is no park nearby for me to walk.
    Haha, for my Dutch Driver's License of course I had to master paralel parking but here there is ample space so there is no need for it.
    As for colors, I'm not a pre–set person in loving the one more than the other. Depends more on the day, on the mood, occasion.
    Would love to go back to the 1600s and see how our ancestors lived back then!
    Love your ending phrase and I agree completely. Grateful for being born and for being alive and it is up to God for letting me be or taking my soul home.
    Hugs,
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mariette
      Parallel parking can take a lot of practice and once we get our licence may rarely need to do it, I am pleased you liked what I wrote about being grateful

      Delete
  3. Your ending comment was absolutely the best! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't go walk in a park anymore, either.
    I managed parallel parking to get my license, but then avoided it like the plague.
    I find a lot of history to be interesting. We humans never seem to learn a lot from our past. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I avoided it too and us humans are slow learners

      Delete
  5. I like all history but I don't like to read about the world wars. I agree with your closing thoughts about God giving us life as a privilege. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. History is interesting, I am pleased you liked my last thoughts

      Delete
  6. What part of history do you find most interesting?
    The 17th century in Western and Central Europe is fascinating because it was the Time Of Change. The sciences opened up and new findings were welcomed. The art world moved away from rigid religious themes and into industry, portraits and domestic life. Monarchies became more human. Exploration expanded.

    ReplyDelete
  7. WW2 is one of my favorite time periods to read about too. I also enjoy visiting sites from that particular war as it helps me get a better sense of place. Sorry if things feel challenging just now. Take care

    ReplyDelete
  8. Living life is a gift and a privilege, Jo-Anne. Let's make the most of each day God gives us. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm visiting from the Hodgepodge and thanks for visiting me! I like your answer on the random question.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It was so nice reading your answers. How nice that you joined in. I hope you have a lovely weekend.

    ReplyDelete