12 October, 2024

The Name Sandra & My Babygirl

 

I have another sister named Sandra, so this week we are looking at the meaning of the name Sandra. 

Sandra is a feminine name of Greek origin, both formidable and valiant. A variation of Alexandra, Sandra means "protector of humanity." Both versions derive from Alexandros, the by-name of the revered Goddess Hera, who was indeed a great defender of many ancient Greek heroes and warriors. It is also the short form of the name Cassandra.

Those with first name of Sandra are usually very kind, thoughtful, and sociable person. Because of their friendly and diplomatic qualities, they make friends easily. They also shine as a hostess as you instinctively know how to make everyone feel relaxed and friendly.

Between 1930 and 2022 saw in Australia 25 boys and 19,433 given the name Sandra, as you can see in AAustralia the name is generally a female one.

I refer to our Sandra as my “babygirl” she will be 47 on Monday but in my head and heart she will forever be my babygirl.

She is often called Sandy she is the mother of two daughters and foster mother to two others, and she often has a fifth child at her place her eldest daughter’s boyfriend.

I think she is amazing, and our parents would be so proud of her for taking in Landon and Skylar who are our nephew Dawson’s half brother & sister.

 

14 comments:

  1. I am Sandra too. This was nice to hear!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know I’d love her.

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I was in school from 1954-65, there were plenty of Sandras. It was very popular back then. But in the last 40 years, I don't think I have seen a new baby given that name.

    ReplyDelete
  4. "protector of humanity" - that's bad@$$!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, how bout that! I've known very few Sandras. I've been called Sandra and not Sandy throughout my life. It would be wonderful to be the person in the description.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I remember a time when my sister didn't like to be called Sandra just Sandy that has now changed she is fine with either.

      Delete
  6. Such a noble name, Jo-Anne! Our youngest granddaughter is named Alexandra. I know your "baby-sister" makes you proud.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I am very proud of Sandy and consider myself blessed to have her as a sister

      Delete
  7. Dearest Jo-Anne,
    Got for Sandra: "Helper of mankind" and that is exactly what you already described above.
    Hugs,
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete