24 October, 2024

Having an apple the hodgepodge way

 


Monday was National Apple Day...did you eat an apple or enjoy something made with apples on Monday? Do you like apples? Do you prefer your apples raw, baked, or in cider? Do you have a favourite variety of apple? 

I do like apples not all apples, but I don’t like cider

Do you think there's any truth to the saying 'an apple a day keeps the doctor away'. Of the following healthy habits which do you find easiest to incorporate into your life and which is the most difficult for you to adopt-

adequate sleep, a balanced diet, plenty of water, eat breakfast, don't smoke, exercise, limit alcohol, include fruits and vegetables in your diet, manage stress, limit screen time

Nope no truth in the saying, most nights I get a decent night’s sleep, do I have a balanced diet nope I don’t, exercise I do daily and rarely drink alcohol.

Who taught you how to drive? Do you enjoy driving? Would you rather be the driver or the passenger?  Do you have a favourite scenic drive near you? 

Both Tim and a professional driving school, I use to enjoy driving but I no longer have a licence to drive so have become use to being a passenger.

What small habit has had a big impact on your life? 

I would have to say blogging and researching stuff for blog post

Tell us about something nice that happened to you recently.

Something nice????

I can’t think of a damn thing

Insert your own random thought here. 

We often take our daily life for granted, with pretty much the same thing happening day in and day out, I am lucky to be able to say that I am content with my life. I have a good family who I am close to and know many can’t say the same.

Remember the purpose of life is happiness

11 comments:

  1. Dearest Jo-Anne,
    An apple a day is a good thing but right now with the big Honey Crisp apples, it is almost too much to finish. You ought to be able to share it!
    Adequate sleep is important—provided you manage to sleep! Had a rough night with lots of tossing and I got up at 2:00 AM for one hour and back to sleep till 7:00 AM. But managed to drive the 400+ km today back and forth to Podology of Georgia and feel proud for having done so. The weather was perfect at 28°C and blue sky. Traffic was fine too.
    Plenty of water is a very important thing and I'm a good follower.
    Got professional driver's lessons and that's it. Have been the sole driver for decades due to Pieter's eye problems and aging and now I'm without my true love. But I don't mind driving.
    Yeah, managing stress—go try doing that as we cannot control a lot of issues that influence our stress level.
    It was pleasant today to have a male driver letting me turn into the lane in front of him as the traffic light was red. Feels good to encounter gentlemen!
    Hugs,
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't like large apples as I find it hard to eat a whole one, there are still some gentlemen in the world

      Delete
  2. I always enjoy your answers and smile.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Why did I not think of blogging as a habit that has impacted me?! Loved that answer of yours! I hope some very nice things happen for you this week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Took me a while to think of that answer at first nothing came to mind

      Delete
  4. Blogging is a good answer. Having a family you're close to is a real blessing. I hope there is some unexpected kindness somewhere in your week ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Reminds me of something Dr. McCoy said on Star Trek. To paraphrase, "I can do more for your health with a little sunshine and a healthy meal than anything else."

    ReplyDelete