25 September, 2024

A Warm or Cool Hodgepodge

 


It's officially fall y'all...in the northern hemisphere anyway. What are three of your favourite things about this particular season of the year?

What I like about autumn is that it isn’t hot nor is it too cold 

Your favourite fall fabric-denim, flannel, tweed, corduroy, tartan, polar fleece, leather? Do you own something made with your favourite fall fabric? 

I have always liked corduroy but don’t own anything made of it

According to Everyday Health here are ten healthy fall foods- apples (flavonoids may improve brain health), pears (for heart friendly fibre), cranberries (helps your body fight oxidative stress) winter squash (for eye health), pumpkin (another great source of Vitamin A), leeks (an anti-inflammatory food), brussel sprouts (full of fibre and anti-oxidants), sweet potatoes (loaded with Vit A and C), parsnips (keep your bones healthy with Vit K), and broccoli (may help prevent cancer). 

How many on the list do you eat on a regular basis? Which one is your favourite? Which one gets a big no thanks from you? 

At this stage of my life, I don’t eat any of them

Tell us about the last time (or a recent time) you experienced a wave of nostalgia?                                           

I think the closest time that I can recall would be Father’s Day just pass, while at the cemetery visiting my dad and the memories me and my siblings talked about

Sept. 22nd was National Daughter's Day. Like mother, like daughter...does this idiom ring true for you? You may answer in terms of your own role as a daughter or, if you have daughters, then your role as a mother of daughters.

Most definitely I am very much like my mother and eldest and youngest daughters a very much like me, mostly my youngest, my middle daughter is a female version of her dad.

Insert your own random thought here. 

A kind deed is like water for a flower, it can lift one’s heart and make others feel better

 

 

7 comments:

  1. Dearest Jo-Anne,
    In general I am not thinking like the masses and enjoy each season, except cold and windy winter days.
    The light in the fall is so special and also the colors in nature!
    Eating fruits and veggies, I love them all but have to select now more careful as not to get too much Potassium.
    Favorite fabrics are all the natural fibers for me as I've never liked any synthetics.
    Nostalgia I list as being grateful for so many great memories of a long and true love and knowing that prayers do get heard!
    Hugs,
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree - I like corduroy but rarely wear it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used to like corduroy many years ago but then stopped wearing it. I bought a pair of corduroy pants this week that I thought I would really like but they didn't fit right after all so now I have to decide whether to exchange or just return them. Enjoyed your answers - have agreat week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ok after thinking about why your comment wasn't here I went and checked a few things and it was marked as spam, so U changed that and now the comment is here. I think it is annoying when buy an item of clothes take it home and the fit isn't right.

      Delete