24 September, 2024

A bit about the name Jeannie

 


 MY SISTER JEANNIE WITH TWO OF HER GRANDCHILDREN HALLEY & LILLY 

Ok I have wrote about the name Susan as I have a sister with that name, well I also have a sister named Jeannie which means “God is gracious”.

It is also considered to be the feminine form of John or the French name Jean.

The name is also connected to the TV show I dream of Jeannie; in fact, my mum told me that I thought if the new baby was named Jeannie, she would have magical powers. I was also upset when she didn’t.

People named Jeannie resist being forced into change and can dig their heels in if they feel they are being forced to accept changes they are not prepared for.  

They like peaceful and settled conditions in a secure home where they are expected to make all the major decisions. They may find it difficult to stand their ground because of lack of confidence and not liking tense situations.

Their outward attitude may hide how they are really feeling. Girls name Jeannie has a deep inner strength that is often kept hidden from others. 

 

3 comments:

  1. Dearest Jo-Anne,
    Yes, Jeannie is of Hebrew origin and indeed means "God is Gracious".
    Jeannie has cute grandchildren!
    Hugs,
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a nice family picture!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a sweet family picture.
    Never thought about it but I have never known anyone named Jeannie.

    ReplyDelete