11 May, 2024

My thoughts

 


I have been thinking about how things change over time, not just our environment but our way of thinking about things. If you sit and think about your thoughts on pretty much anything you may realise that over the years your thoughts on the matter have changed. This I believe is because as we age, we grow not just our bodies but our minds.

When I was younger the term transgender was unheard of at least by me, and if I was told I would have a transgender grandchild I would have been shocked and maybe even I would carry on like Tim.

However, now things are different, yes, I still believe there are only 2 genders and I feel those who think differently may have a screw lose but it isn’t something I am going to get all bent out of shape over. As I also believe everyone is intitled to their own opinion even if I think it, is a stupid opinion.

Do I want a transgender grandchild, no not really but this is who Sam is and I love Sam for the person Sam is. I have a very close relationship with Sam more so then with my other grandchildren, not that I love them less or Sam more, but I connect more with Sam.

I have always had a problem with the term “black sheep of the family” and remember many years ago when my sister Sue referred to herself as the black sheep of our family, I was pissed. I have never thought of her is such a manner. I have often thought she was her own worst enemy often sabotaging her own happiness, this of course was before she knew she suffered from borderline personality disorder, which I feel explains a lot about why her life has been a roller coaster often just about flying off its rails.

This is another thing if I was told about in my younger days, I don’t think I would have understood it or even try to understand it.

Now I am doing my best to get my head around these things that are new and strange to me. I don’t want to live in a cave pretending these new and strange things in my life don’t exist.

I have said often that I am not the judge of someone as there is only one true judge that being God. Although if you break the law, you may find yourself in front of another type of judge, but that judge isn’t judging you in the way God can judge you. I have also said that if God has an issue with someone then God will take it up with said person when he is good and ready to do so.

I feel when you love and care for someone you shouldn’t be standing in judgement of every little thing they say or do, if you don’t agree then you don’t agree but you don’t need to always get into an argument over it because we all have our own thoughts and opinions about stuff.  This is the way God made us, with our own brains allowing us to have our own thoughts about stuff.

 

15 comments:

  1. Very well said. We can’t change people by judging them harshly. Only God can do the changing and the judging!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with most everything you said. Although, it wouldn't bother me if one of my grandsons was gay or transgender or whatever. There's basically two sexes, but there are always exceptions to the rules is the way I look at it. I've had some wonderful gay friends over the years--male and female. Not sure if I have ever had a transgender friend or coworker...because they never said. But I wouldn't be upset about it. I worry more about how rough their lives must be, to be honest.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The reason I said that about having a transgender grandchild is because life for them can be so hard and I don't like the idea of Sam being judge. I knew when she was little that she was in touched with her feminine side more then most males.

      Delete
  3. Changed our thoughts? In the late 1960s everyone at university was passionate about women's rights, end of the Vietnam War and raising salaries for workers. I still am!

    But my spouse and his friends have moved their political positions way to the right and I feel in just 55 years they have abandoned morality.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sadly not all changes in thoughts are for the better

      Delete
  4. This world has certainly changed during my lifetime, but there really is only one truth, and it's found in God.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dearest Jo-Anne,
    Thoughts are being influenced by our personal character and also for about 50% by our environment.
    Social Media and Media in general has done a lot of harm by trying to brainwash people en mass!
    That is wrong and also it seems like being 'cool' to abandon religion.
    There is the general stumble block—as you so aptly pointed out the ONLY one judging us will be God in the end!
    May the world learn in time to live by those early rules, before Media infulencers.
    Big hugs,
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is so true about social media and general media doing so much harm, encouraging stupid thoughts and believes letting our young think they can think whatever they want and it will be a fact or true not the case at all, boys can't have babies and are not meant to it isn't the way God planned it.

      Delete
  6. I think you did an excellent job on expressing a difficult subject.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Chris, I sat and typed what came to mind and hoped I didn't offend anyone with my words.

      Delete
  7. The divide that separates what we can tolerate from what is utterly intolerable has two parts:
    1. Encouraging a minor child to make that sort of decision is felony child abuse and should be harshly punished.
    2. If you're an adult who wants to "transition," can you "pass?" That is: under normal social circumstances, will others routinely take you to be the sex you want to be?
    If child "transitions" are forbidden by law, and adults who want to "transition" can satisfy the second criterion, then the matter is tolerable. If either criterion is violated, it's intolerable...and no one should even dream of tolerating it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am not in favour of encouraging young children to believe they are a different gender to what they are but when the child is 16 and have a strong will and determent mind it's different also said child has ADHA, ODD & Autism which makes things more difficult

      Delete