16 September, 2026

A bit of hodgepodge

 

Hi everyone, here is the latest hodgepodge

http://www.fromthissideofthepond.com/2026/08/hodgepodge-questions-volume-671.html

From this Side of the Pond

1. How do you define beauty? 

Beauty is something that comes from withing, outward beauty fades inner beauty doesn’t

2. Have you ever taken a trip by train? If so where did you go and what did you think of the experience? If not do you have any desire to do so? Where would you like to go? (You might find inspiration here-The Best Train Trips in The World)

Yes, I gave taken a number of train trips and I would love to take a train holiday as in the Indian Pacific train from Sydney to Perth

3. Shell shocked, bombshell, bandshell, shellacking, in a nutshell, walking on eggshells...choose one and tell us why you chose it, or how it relates to your life in some way currently.

Nutshell, why because at times I wish someone would tell me a story in a nutshell instead of dragging it on and on.

4. Tacos, pistachios, oysters, clams, eggs...your favorite food on the list that comes in/with a shell? 

Eggs, without a doubt

5. Are birthdays a big deal in your house? Is your own birthday a big deal in some way? Elaborate. 

Not anymore, once they were but not know, I also wish my birthday would be a big deal at times and not just another day. The last time I felt anyone made a big deal on my birthday was on my 60th and it was done by my niece Kelli

6. Insert your own random thought here. 

People need to realise that their mistakes are a seed of wisdom. If someone can learn from their mistakes, then they will be a better person and hopefully the same mistake wouldn’t happen over and over. The key is to acknowledge your mistakes and not try to hide your stuff up, easier said then done.

 

 

9 comments:

  1. Only train trip I ever took was a school field trip from Minneapolis, Minnesota to Chicago, Illinois to go to the big museum they had there. (They'd never do that anymore...all those kids with two teachers and on the train during the night.) I loved being on a train!
    I agree with you--eggs.
    Birthdays were never a big deal in my family growing up, so they never have been for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No no way such a school excursion like that would happen now days

      Delete
  2. Enjoyed reading your answers today (I'm a little late!) and agree with your random thought. Also in wishing that someone would make a slightly bigger deal of my birthday. Maybe not every year but some years! I hope someone makes a big deal of your next birthday, and that you are having a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. True. Sadly outer beauty does fade. How nice that you have taken several train trips. That's funny about the story being too long. This year on October 3rd I will be celebrating my birthday with my kids. I can't wait. I like your random thought.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel that birthdays are important and nothing wrong with making a fuss of it

    ReplyDelete