08 July, 2026

A fruity hodgepodge

 


Hi everyone, here is the latest hodgepodge

http://www.fromthissideofthepond.com/2026/02/hodgepodge-questions-volume-661.html

1. What's something you enjoy now that your younger self would never have appreciated? 

Sugar on a banana sandwich

2. What was peaceful about today? 

The quiet, no one is aroundme it’s just me and my laptop

3. It's National Blueberry Day (July 8). Will you celebrate?  You can have one of the following right now-a slice of blueberry pie, a warm blueberry muffin, or a stack of blueberry pancakes...which do you choose?

This or that-blueberries or raspberries? blueberries or strawberries? 

I don’t not like blueberries but I’m not keen on them, I would rather strawberries.

4. Do you need a break? From what? 

Nope no break needed here

5. What has surprised you most about getting older? 

How young I still am in my thoughts and dreams

6. Insert your own random thought here. 

“Your voice is the most influential sound in your life, so speak to yourself as if you are someone you deeply love. Every positive word you offer your own heart is a brick in a fortress of self-worth that no outside criticism can tear down. As you fill your own cup with this kindness, you naturally begin to pour into others, offering affirmations that act as mirrors to their hidden strengths. By choosing words that build up rather than break down, you transform your environment into a place of growth. Remember: an encouraging word to yourself changes your day, but an encouraging word to another can change their life.”

16 comments:

  1. What would my young self not have appreciated?
    My greatest pleasure these days is sitting in the sunshine, with an espresso in hand, reading a book or journal.
    No friends, no food, no tv.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds so good, I liked the thought of sitting in the sunshine doing nothing much

      Delete
  2. I've never had a banana sandwich. Do you put some sort of condiment on it? I love bananas and have had peanut butter and banana on a sandwich before which is really good. Most days I don't feel my age either. Hope you have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All that goes on a banana sandwich is butter, a banana and sugar

      Delete
  3. Ohh! Banana and sugar sandwiches are good, I've always liked them.
    Your peaceful day sounds like my day today. I am enjoying being home alone and getting on with stuff on my laptop.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never had a banana and sugar sandwich, but I used to love peanut butter and banana sandwiches - haven't had one in quite a few years.
    I like your answer to #5 - I'm not sure I feel like I'm as old as the numbers say I am, and that is a bit surprising.
    Hope you're having a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well that is an interesting sandwich. Glad you enjoyed the quiet. I'm glad your thoughts and dreams are still young. I like your random thought. I need to talk to myself like that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a yummy sanga I'm pleased you like my random thought

      Delete
  6. Have to say, the banana sandwich one took me aback. Just the sugar part- I make mine with chips!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Interesting with chips what type of chiips

      Delete
    2. Well, I guess you call them crisps- just regular old potato chips

      Delete
  7. That random thought about how we talk to ourselves is so powerful, it really is a huge part of staying young in your thoughts and dreams as you age. As for the snacks, a banana sandwich with sugar sounds like a total comfort food, even if your younger self didn't appreciate it! There is absolutely nothing better than a completely quiet afternoon with just you and your laptop to reset. I am 100% on team strawberry with you, though a warm blueberry muffin is still pretty hard to pass up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am pleased people like my random thoughts and I like that I think of myself as young as I feel if you think your are old then you will act and be old

      Delete
  8. I agree -- I think I feel way younger than I actually am!

    ReplyDelete