14 July, 2026

A bit more hodgepodge

 


Hi everyone, here is the latest hodgepodge

http://www.fromthissideofthepond.com/2026/02/hodgepodge-questions-volume-662.html

"Deep summer is when laziness finds respectability." Sam Keen

Do you feel less guilty relaxing in July than you do in January? Elaborate. 

Yes, I do fine July relaxing even if it is the coldest month of the year.

What's a telltale sign you're upset? 

The look on my face and the tone of my voice

July 16th is National AI Day. What are your general thoughts and/or experiences with AI? Have you purposely used it? Does it excite you, scare you, or worry you? What do you see as a benefit? How about something relating to AI you see as a negative? 

I have used AI when writing in cards but I prefer to use it as a starting point, I don’t like how it can take over human jobs.

You're invited to a summer potluck and are asked to bring an appetizer, salad/side, or dessert. Which category do you go for and what are you bringing? 

Dessert and it would be a pavlova

It wouldn't be summer without flies and heat 

Insert your own random thought here. 

Remember more stuff doesn’t come with lasting happiness

 

8 comments:

  1. Flies are disgusting little creatures, and mosquitoes are their equally annoying, blood-sucking friends. We don’t see too many of them, but they still pop in uninvited now and then (when there is food)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well pavlova is one of my favorite desserts so I'd definitely be happy to see one at a potluck. We've had a buggier summer than normal, maybe because we've had a colder winter and then a rainy spring? I don't know, but definitely more bugs this year. Hope you have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bring on the pavlova! You would absolutely be my favorite guest at any potluck with a dessert choice like that. Also, your final point about more stuff not buying happiness is such a grounded truth. Have a wonderful, cozy July down there, even if it is currently your coldest month.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have never had pavlova but I've heard nothing but good things about it. You can bring it to my next potluck!:)

    ReplyDelete